Democrats in general, and the Loony Left in particular, were totally surprised by the choice of Governor Palin as John McCain’s running mate. They had not even put her on their “Next Cheney” attack site, where they put lots of negative information about other possible Vice-Presidential picks. As expected, they have reacted to the news with their usual ladylike and gentlemanly behavior. Here are some samples:
1. Obama spokesman Bill Burton, within minutes of the announcement, called Palin “the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency.” That is rather like calling Obama “a former community organizer” without mentioning that he is a senator now, or like calling Ronald Reagan “the former actor.”
The ever-articulate Barack Obama backed off a bit from his spokesman’s words, saying, in his usual articulate voice, “I think that, uh, you know campaigns start getting these uh, hair triggers and, uh, the statement that Joe and I put out reflects our sentiments.”
2. Her Wikipedia entry will be a war zone for the next two months. One smarta** managed to get the site to say, for a short time, “Before all this however, she was born a man.” Cute.
3. The always classy Daily Kos (warning, one in five posts uses the f-word) has reported that Sarah Palin’s fifth child may really be her first grandson. Allegedly, her daughter was pregnant, and she covered up the pregnancy by claiming that she was pregnant. Of course, Down’s Syndrome babies are much more likely to happen to 44 year old mothers than to 16 year old mothers. There is also plenty of photographic evidence of Gov. Palin’s pregnancy, even though people cover up in Alaska during the winter.
And it is hard (though not totally impossible) to breastfeed if you haven’t given birth first, and it is well known that she breastfeeds in the Governor’s office.
4. A commenter in one loony left blog asked if Gov. Palin had ever left the USA for any sort of trip.
Actually, she was in Kuwait in 2007, visiting an Alaska National Guard unit that had been deployed there. This was a year before Barack Obama went to the Middle East. She also visited wounded soldiers at Landstuhl, Germany. This was a stop that Obama could not fit into his campaign schedule.
5. Apparently, loony leftists are now scouring the internet looking for incriminating pictures of Sarah Heath in a bikini. They know that we religious conservatives think that all women should wear burquas, and that if we saw a picture of Sarah Palin (nee Heath), a former contestant in beauty contests, in the swimsuit competition, that we will be shocked and not vote for her. Here is a CraigsList ad looking for pictures of Sarah Palin in a bikini:
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [?]
Date: 2008-08-29, 9:44AM PDT
got a be a pic out there somewhere. Will the religious hardliners vote for a woman that was in a swimsuit competition?
Their counterpart taliban wouldn’t.
So if you put phrases in your blog like “Sarah Palin Bikini Shots”, “Sarah Palin Beauty Contest Photos”, or “Bikini Clad Sarah Palin Jello-Wrestles Polar Bear: Who is Endangered Now?”, you can be sure that lefty moonbats will be visiting your blog looking for something incriminating.
Some bloggers are putting phrases like that in their blogs just to lead leftist nut-cases astray, but I am of course far too mature to do that. I am just experimenting to see if this increases hits to my site.
If you leftist moonbats want to shock some Baptists, I have got a picture for you.
Here is Sarah Palin, dancing.
The Democrats do not seem to be getting off to a good start.